By law, you have to have some sort of affiliation with the group that sponsors a credit union in order to join. Many credit unions have employment requirements… such as working for a specific state, county, or organization.
But some credit unions don’t have these employment requirements. With these credit unions, membership requires something as simple as a donation to a common cause that initiates an affiliation…
Are you living a millionaire lifestyle? Our free daily letter is your guidebook:
Please provide a valid email address.
Here are seven credit unions anyone can join:
- Alliant Credit Union | Website: www.alliantcreditunion.org
- American Heritage Federal Credit Union | Website: www.amhfcu.org
- Connexus Credit Union | Website: www.connexuscu.org
- Consumers Credit Union | Website: www.myconsumers.org
- Lake Michigan Credit Union | Website: www.lmcu.org
- NASA Federal Credit Union | Website: www.nasafcu.com
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union | Website: www.penfed.org
You can find more local credit unions you may be eligible to join at aSmarterChoice.org.
And if you’re worried about safety, don’t be.
Credit unions aren’t Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) insured, but they do have insurance from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Like the FDIC, the NCUA has the full backing of the U.S. government and is equally safe.